A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

I am so embarrassed

Hi All,

Just wanted to check in, and let you know about a small transgression on my part. I am so embarrassed, but I know you will all understand.

Last weekend Smudgie threw up on my dog bed. I know it's supposed to be our dog bed, but let's face it. It's mine. Just like all the toys, all the treats, the couch, and the Daddy. But I digress.

So my Daddy took off the cover and washed it, and my Mommy dried it, and then the two of them spent a really long time trying to get the insides inside nicely. They were laughing and carrying on while Smudgie and I watched from a minimum safe distance.

Sigh. Those two are so weird.

Finally it was ready but Mommy thought it was too lumpy, so Daddy called me over to try it out.

My heart soared. I ran over, jumped on, turned around twice and nested in it. It smelled good, and felt soft, and what a wonderful life I have!

If only the uprights (or upwrongs as the case may be) could have left it at that.

But no, they started cooing at me in those high pitched voices, and both were learning over me, and I didn't understand what was going on anymore, and I got scared, so I stood up and did the one thing I do when someone is standing over me in a threatening way.

I peed.

Right there, on the clean dog bed.

And it had been a long time since I went out so it was a LOT of pee.

I felt so bad.

Mommy and Daddy were very kind. They turned away, and gave me space so I wouldn't be any scareder, but it didn't help. I peed and peed and peed and peed.

So now the dog bed has been in the laundry room all week, soaking and waiting for Mommy to wash it again. I feel awful!

But at the same time, I'm sorry Mommy and Daddy, but I have to say it, "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"

I hope they can forgive me. I'm working hard on forgiving them.

Take care all, and mind your pees and qs.

Rudy, the Phantom Pee-er

No comments:

Post a Comment