A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Hi Everyone! Happy Summer!

Hi my friends.  It's your old pal Rudy here.  I have great news.  My mommy finally got a new laptop, and so I finally have a chance to do a little blogging.

Her old laptop had something called a bad fan, and couldn't be left on during the day.  It took forever to start up, and so I couldn't use it when Mommy was at work like I used to.  She got this new one to work on something called a "Master's."  I don't know about that, but she left it on an is currently slothing upstairs on the couch watching DVDs so little old me snuck back on.

Lots has happened in the last few months.   I don't know where to begin.

Mommy's best friend, her red car, died in May.  I had no idea she was so attached.  She really fell apart.  She has a new, shiny, silver one, but she says it's "too boring for words."  I don't know about that.  It has air conditioning, and that is a good thing.  On the down side, there's a "NO DOGS in the new car rule" so I haven't gotten too many rides.  You'll notice that she's already broken that silly rule, so I'm cautiously optmistic that things will be back to normal soon.

She also has this big, old yellow car.  It went to a "restoration" mechanic named Ralph, and just came home.  It's all pretty and shiny, but doesn't actually run yet.  Weird.  Daddy and Cousin Jeff are replacing something called a "head gasket."

This car is yet another vehicle Mommy won't let us ride in.  How can that possibly be fair?  She did suggest to Daddy that the trunk was big enough for me and for Smudgie, but I didn't think that was at all funny.

Speaking of Cousin Jeff...he's been over a lot lately, and he makes me obey him.  It's not fun.  He seems like a nice guy until I do something like paw at him, or stick my nose on the table, and then suddenly he's all sit/stay/down.  Pfffft.  I don't like that one bit.  And the worst part?  He has totally inspired Daddy to start enforcing rules.  Mommy I get, but seriously...DADDY?  What is up with that?

Mommy is enjoying her summer off, but she's totally ruined our nap schedule.  And you know what is the worst of all?  I have not been rollerblading lately at all!!!  The last time I went I got blisters from the hot pavement, and so the vet said no more rollerblading until my pads have healed and the heatwave ends.  It has been insanely hot here (worse than I remember in Florida) since the middle of June.  Whew.  I am so glad that Mommy and Daddy shaved me down.

Well, those are just a few of the updates for now.  I plan to blog more often now that Mommy finally got me a new computer, so I hope you are all having a wonderful summer, and I'll check back in with you as soon as I can.

Take care, and don't forget the sunblock.

Rudy, the red nosed (from the sun, get it?) Sheepdog

2 comments:

  1. The Probe is DEAD?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie Sue, we don't use that word around Mommy. She cries and then goes on and on about stupid, new, boring computerized cars. It's all very troubling.

    Love, Rudy

    ReplyDelete