A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Can someone google this and get back to me?


Hi All,

So, I have this burning question in my mind, and I'm not sure that I am skilled enough to google it myself.  It's a simple one:

Are dogs not supposed to be carnivores?

Here's why I ask.

Every morning, when Smudgie and I go out for our first pee of the day, we check the strawberry plants with Mommy.  She always picks them in twos, and we each get one.  Now, this is a nice gesture and all, but it's not like they taste like steak.

So, I act all happy and eat my strawberry every single day (sometimes twice), and they keep coming.  And, truth be told, I do not like strawberries.  Not at all.  Do you know how hard it is to hold back on the "yuck" face I am legendary for making?

Now, as if this wasn't bad enough....yesterday the tomatoes started turning red.  And the cherry tomatoes did this in pairs.  So yesterday and today IN ADDITION to the yucky strawberries, Smudgie and I were forced to eat cherry tomatoes.

I don't want to hurt Mommy's feelings of course, and it's nice that she cares so much, but tomatoes taste a hundred times worse than strawberries.  Someone needs to call Mommy and let her know that dogs are supposed to be eating steak and chicken and rotten dead things...not fruit!

So, last night, in a desperate attempt to get something befitting a carnivore, I sneaked into the kitchen and stole the plastic wrap from the chicken package.  I swallowed it whole, and would have gotten away with it, but I made a bad decision and chose to try to steal the styrofoam tray too.  Mommy heard me chomping on that, and came running.  She figured out the plastic was missing, and you'll never guess what she did.

I found it and ate it fair and square, and after all my faking with the fresh picked fruit nonsense (yes, I heard it somewhere, tomatoes are actually fruit) you'd think they'd let me have this one, but no.

She made Daddy put me up on the counter, and they forced this icky liquid down my throat, and they made me stand there, and a few minutes later my tummy felt funny and out came the plastic wrap, and my kibble from earlier on.

This is theft.  Plain and simple.  If I can't even keep the stuff in my tummy, how on earth is that fair?

So, therein lies my problem.  I need your help.

Please let my Mommy know that for dogs it's simple:  Meat good....fruits and veggies bad.

If we all band together, we can make a change!

Take care all, and remember, meatetarians must stick together.

Rudy "Where's the Beef" Patootie

PS...I'm okay if we declare carrots to be meat, because I do like them....and peapods, too....and the occasional leaf of lettuce, and cauliflower is yummy, and even a little broccoli....and mushrooms, definitely mushrooms, but I do have to draw the line here.

No comments:

Post a Comment