A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Hey there. This is Rudy.

Hello there. I would like to introduce myself. My name is Rudy. Well, at least that's what the lady at the rescue named me, and my new Mom and Dad really wanted to honour that, so my new name is officially "Ruddock Einstein" but you can call me Rudy for short.
I am happy to have arrived here in Winnipeg. What a wild journey it was! My Mom and Dad (you know them as Gordon and Tracie, or rather Tracie and Gordon) fell in love with me over something called the internet. They said there were no sheepdogs in Canada who needed a home, so they had to branch out. Well, they sure branched out far. When I woke up Tuesday morning I lived in Cooper City (right by Ft. Lauderdale, FLORIDA). By dinnertime I arrived in Minneapolis. There's this stuff called snow there. Everybody thought I'd be freaked out by it, but I immediately rolled in it to put their minds at ease. Turns out, I LOVE SNOW. Who knew?
This crazy guy (I just call him Daddy) met me there, and are you ready for this???? He drove straight through the night to get us home to my new mom and my crazy new brother (Hudson). I heard something about closed highways, but that didn't slow him down even one tiny little bit. I think I like it here already. There's another dog to play with, I've already helped myself to a spot on daddy's pillow, and best of all...I have not laid eyes on a single alligator since I got here. I'm hoping there are none hiding under the snow. That would totally suck. At least in Florida you could see them coming.
So, I just wanted to say hi to you all, and introduce myself. My mommy says that meeting someone named Spock at Christmas really inspired her to find me. My daddy grumbled stuff about doggie airfares, hotel rooms, and all night drives, but I am pretty sure he loves me anyway. I'm looking forward to meeting lots and lots of you interesting yet crazy Canadian folk, especially now that I am one of you.

Love, kisses, and cuddles,

Ruddock "Rudy" Einstein

1 comment: