A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Really Have Been Slacking on my Blog

I really feel badly about not writing more in my blog. I'm not sure why it's been so hard to keep up. I promise to try harder from now on.

Things here have been crazy. My Daddy just accepted a new job, but he doesn't have to start there until May 2nd. He gets to stay at his old job until then. He says he feels he should get some time off in between, but Mommy keeps rolling her eyes and saying, "Get over it."


It's late Sunday afternoon, and all this past week Mommy's been home on something called Spring Break. I thought it would be more fun, but all she's been doing is stuff for her work, and running errands and going to appointments. I even overheard her say that it was a rotten break. And now, it's snowing and they're expecting two to five centimetres (I'll never understand the metric system...sigh) of snow.

Some SPRING break, huh?

There were a few bright spots.

The piano is back together but Mommy is still mad because the pedal squeaks. Apparently that was the one thing that mattered to her, and she makes sure to remind Daddy seven or eight times a day. He says the piano fixing dude (AKA PianoAndrew) is planning to come back for some fine tuning. We'll see who wins the great pedal debate.

And on Thursday, Grandma and Grandpa came over for dinner. Smudgie jumped all over them so I didn't and I came off looking like a good dog. I liked that. And Grandpa really, really likes me. It always makes me so happy to see him! When they came over I still had fur on my head and shoulders but nowhere else, so there were some inappropriate jokes about me being king of the jungle. Unnecessary to say the least. But now I'm totally naked, which really isn't better.

So that's about it for Spring Break. I did hear that it's all downhill to Summer Holidays now. Not sure what that means, but Smudgie did say the snow will go. I doubt it. There's still a bunch now, and this is Winnipeg after all.

Take care all...I'm heading out to eat some snow through the openings in my muzzle. Yum. Yum.

Rudy, naked but snow loving nonetheless

No comments:

Post a Comment