A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Last night was horrible.

Mommy took me back to the vet. I like the vet, but I don't like the things they do to you there. First I got a needle, which wasn't that bad, but then they did that thing to my bum...four times.

Apparently something in there isn't working right and so they had to express them...twice each. Oh the horror! It hurt. It was embarrassing, and it was stinky! (Okay, personally I liked the stinky part, but Mommy and the vet didn't like it so much...especially the poor vet who ended up having to change after seeing me. I felt really bad after that.)

When it was all over I was really upset, but I felt bad for the nice vet, too, so I gave her a kiss to let her know that although I wasn't a fan of her work, it wasn't anything personal. And, to be honest, once she was done I did feel lots better...but I'm still not saying this was a good thing because it really wasn't.

I also heard Mommy on the phone making a "follow up" appointment. So I guess that means I have to go back. I'm not happy.

Take care all, and always guard your flank!

Rudy, with cheeks ablush.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rudy, this is your cat-cousin Zeke. My Grammaw Brighit is helping me type, because I really wanted to let you know you're not suffering with this problem alone. I have it too. The vet tried to teach my Daddy, Jzero, how to fix it, but it hasn't gone too well. And sometimes when I get startled, (especially by Grammaw, and for a while, that other lady we and Daddy used to live with) everything just squirts out all over the place. Its so gross and embarrassing. Anyway, yeah. So we should get together some time and swap stories over a bowl of milk. Surely veterinary science has come up with SOMETHING other than those awful "expression" visits. Maybe we could start a club, and do a walk-a-thon, and raise money for awareness? Cross-creature boundaries in the interest of comfortable bums, unity, all that stuff. And maybe a tax deduction for the uprights? You know that would mean more treats, eh? They save on taxes, we get more treats. That's how it works, I think. Anyway, yeah. Take good care. I think I'll go listen to some music. Maybe, "Flanks for the Memories". Cousin Ezekiel.

    ReplyDelete