A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Did you hear about Smudgie's toe?

On Monday night he was jumping out of Daddy's truck, and he got a toenail caught in the step. He yelped and there was lots of blood. What was he thinking, trying to jump out of the truck with those short little legs of his? (Not to mention his enormous bum!)

Daddy thought he'd be fine, but Mommy took him to the vet the next day. Good thing, too, because apparently he ripped it so hard that the quick was outside of his nail. Yowie.

So Dr. K (another vet Hudson really likes, but I haven't met him yet) had to pull off Hudson's nail. Yowie Wowie.

Now he has this big orangey yellow bandage, and he acts all wounded and sucky, and Mommy keeps babying him. The good news is that when she gives him a pill she hides it in a jube jube. And I get one too. (A jube jube, not a pill silly.) Turns out, I like these jube jube things. Uprights to have some neat stuff.

So I'm about to be stuffed back in my crate and Mommy is heading out with Smudgie to get his bandage changed. Lucky boy. He gets a car ride and I get incarcerated.

Take care all, and watch your step!!

Rudy, whose pedi is currently perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment