A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I must apologize for not writing more

Hi all. It's Rudy, remember me? I haven't been doing a good job of keeping up on my blog lately. I'm so sorry. It's the end of June, and June is a crazy month for teachers. When Mommy gets home she watches an hour or so of TV and then collapses on the couch and sleeps until morning. She's also been out for one thing or another every night. I feel obligated to cuddle with her, so that doesn't leave much time for blogging.

I did want to give you a quick update.

I continue to be doing very well with my "rehabilitation." On Monday night I barely snarled at Keira at all (well, just once when she was paying more attention to Smudgie than to me). Then I met Queen. She lives next door to Jen, and is a "rescue" like me. Jen says she still has some issues, and we did take a while to bond, but I never actively tried to bite her, and after a few minutes all four of us (me, Smudgie, Keira, and Queen) walked together without incident. I guess it was kind of nice.

Smudgie pooped out and didn't want to keep going. I could have walked forever. He crawled under Daddy's truck and laid down in protest. Then the bumper fell off Daddy's truck (snicker). Fortunately it landed nowhere near my brother. It appears Mommy may have had something to do with that, but we're not to speak of it.

On Tuesday, I went to the vet. One dog went out the in door, so I had something LOUD to say about that, but otherwise I was a very good dog. I laid down on the floor, got to meet lots of people, and only made one single bark at another dog. I let about seven or eight pass by me (or I passed by them) and I ignored them.

The vet was really impressed. I like her.

She did, unfortunately, feel the need to put her hand up my bum again. This time it didn't really hurt all that much. I didn't fuss, and again I was told I was a good boy.

What a great dog I am! And all I had to do to get this title is listen to my Mommy and stop trying to kill other dogs. I think maybe I can do this. It might take some more practice, but I'm on my way.

Take care all, and don't bite your friends.

Rudy, who might actually start making doggie friends one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment