A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

I think I should get an allowance.

Mommy was sorting money on the kitchen table. She has a spare change jar that it all goes into. She also puts in any paper money that Daddy leaves lying out (you'd be surprised how often he does that).

She left it unattended and went looking for something called "two nickels" to finish something else called a "roll."

While she was gone I checked out the money. I had to stand on the bench to see it, but I wanted to make sure she was counting it accurately. I always try to pitch in and be helpful around here. While I was there I started to think, "I could use a little mad money." That way, I could get my own McDonald's cheeseburgers from time to time, and not have to bother Mommy and Daddy.

So I thought I was being helpful. I carefully took a five dollar bill off the table (no sense in being greedy...I left the larger bills and rolls of coins alone).

She caught me. Red pawed (mouthed? teethed? lipped?)

She didn't get all that mad, but she did take it back and she told me that I would absolutely not be getting a weekly allowance. That seemed a bit harsh. She also said that now she knows who put all the shoes in the living room yesterday. Well, of course it was me! I never said it wasn't. Smudgie's been doing it for my whole life (since I got here) and it always looked like fun, so I decided to try it too, and you know what? It IS fun.

But Mommy isn't thrilled with my sense of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit.

So, here I am, completely tapped out and without an allowance. I think it's unfair. I'll have to spend some more time thinking this through, and coming up with my next strategy.

Take care all, and remember, dogs need cheeseburger money too! Or maybe just my own little doggiedebit card?

Rudy "Babyface" Patootie

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rudy! Tell your mom to keep a McDonalds gift card in the car. This way you can always have a quick treat on the way home even if mom spent everything at the grocery store. Conor thought it was a simply amazing idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm.....great idea.

    Love,
    Rudy

    ReplyDelete