A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Friday, August 5, 2011

I was part of a Pack Nap today.

Mommy always talks about Pack Naps, but this summer she hasn't been sleeping at all. I really admire her, though. Even on no sleep she's always pleasant and sweet. I wonder how she does that?

But today we laid down for a pack nap, and for the first time she slept.

She slept for four hours. It was cool.

So, a pack nap, as Mommy explained it, goes like this:

First, all dogs must get OFF the bed. That was my least favourite part.

Then the Mommy makes the bed all nice and smooth and pretty.

Then the Mommy gets in the bed while the dogs must wait. That part was hard.

Then, when you feel like the anticipation is going to make you explode, the Mommy invites the dogs to jump back up and find a really nice, comfy spot. Snuggling is strongly encouraged.

Finally, the Mommy wraps her arms around the dogs, and all three fall asleep together.

And that's just what happened, except Mommy never sleeps when we pack nap, but today she did, for four hours.

It was so nice sleeping all snuggled up in someone's arms. I was extra good. I ignored all the noises outside and didn't run to the window to bark even once.

When Mommy woke up I was still in her arms, but Smudgie had snuck down to the foot of the bed...he says he got hot. She forgave him though.

Then we celebrated by eating our dinner outside on the deck. It was like a picnic. Very very cool.

I hope we can pack nap more often! I think this might be something I am especially good at.

Take care all, and remember, naps are good.

Rudy, who wonders if he wore his special walking vest to bed....would it be a backpacknap? It might be good to bring snacks and water to the next one....hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment