A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Family Takes Really Good Care of Me

Why oh why do I doubt them?

Yesterday I wasn't feeling so well. Mommy immediately made an appointment for me to go to the vet. I was happy for the car ride, but I flipped out in the parking lot and behaved badly. Now they all think I'm a bad dog. Mommy says I need to learn to let this all go and try liking other dogs, and I know I should, but I just can't.

So I was rushed through the waiting room, and saw Dr. K. I don't know why I was so scared. He was so nice, but I dribbled pee when he first started checking me over. Why? Why did I do that? He was really nice. He petted me, and got down on the floor with me, and he really liked me. So what was I so afraid of?

He stuck a thermometer you know where, and even that wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I had a small owie on my tummy. He cleaned it up and put medicine on it and made it feel good. He checked me all over. He gave me some other medicine for my sore tummy and I enjoyed my dinner a few hours later, so that was a good thing.

Then these nice ladies held me in a wrestling hold and poked me with a needle. I didn't like it, but they patted me and kissed me and told me I was good, so it isn't like that was horrible.

Mommy says Dr. K is going to check my blood for illnesses you can get from woodticks, just to be safe. You may remember that Mommy and Daddy took one off my beautiful nose a while back. Dr. K wants to make sure that I was just limping because I overdid it when I went roller blading, and not that there is something bad that a tick put in my blood.

I feel a lot better this morning. I'm looking forward to Mommy putting more medicine on my tummy.

I have a great family. When I wasn't feeling well they took me straight to the vet, and they didn't even gripe that it cost three hundred dollars! Think of how many cheeseburgers that would buy.

Mommy always says that now that I have a family they will always take care of me and love me and make sure everything is okay for me. I've been here more than a year and a half and they still do all that for me.

It's awesome.

Take care all. Be good to your family.

Family Man Rudy

No comments:

Post a Comment