A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I really am my own worst enemy.

Well, it happened again. Last night Mommy gave me and Smudgie each another cherry tomato, and I felt obligated to eat it, so I did, and guess what? Still yuck!

I decided to do less chewing and more "close your eyes and down it goes" so at least that helped a little. But I vowed no more. Never again. NO MORE TOMATOES.

So what did I do to myself today?

I went out for a pee, sniffed around the tomato plants and found a small green apple on the ground, or so I thought.

I brought it in and bit into it and it was HORRIBLE. It wasn't a little green apple at all. It was a little green TOMATO.

THE HORROR.

And Mommy laughed and laughed at me.

And since I bit into it I had green tomato juice in my mouth. I ran for a drink of water but even that really didn't help much. I can't believe I did this TO MYSELF. I went tomato hunting.

Later I tried to give it to Smudgie but he wasn't interested. He says the green ones are not for eating, and laughed and asked what I was thinking. He said even if I did think it was a little green apple, any little green apple that small would be too bitter to eat. How was I supposed to know any of this? He says he's older and wiser. Yeah, by what, nine months. Big whoop. I bet he doesn't know how to survive a gator attack.

So, the stinky little green tomato sits in the living room, on the floor, calling my name and giggling evilly. I know eventually I'll have to eat it. It would be rude to leave that mess for Mommy, but I must work my way up to it.

For now it just sits there, taunting, mocking, and laughing at me.

Can no one save me?

Take care all, and watch out for Killer Tomatoes!

Rudy, who would rather wrassle a gator right now

(Which, by the way, reminds me, my hero BILLY THE EXTERMINATOR is on TV tonight with a brand new season. I'll have to get past this tomato incident before I can relax and watch it. Maybe he'll have some tips for getting rid of tomatoes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment