A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

I am NOT a doofus!

Mommy called me a doofus, and I just don't see how this could possibly be fair.

The other day Daddy was home really late and Mommy had to stay and have parent meetings at school, so I was in my crate a LONG time. I had an "accident." It wasn't my fault. It was theirs, but that isn't the doofus part.

When Daddy got home I needed a bath, and my kennel needed cleaning, and he did a pretty good job of both. Smudgie was mad that only I got to do downstairs, and I could hear him fussing. But, when I came up all wet, Smudgie figured out what the missed and ran away. Daddy couldn't even find him after that. Hee hee. It was funny.

So, then it was time to pick up Mommy. The truck was nice and toasty warm, and when we got there he took us inside the building, but we didn't find Mommy. When we finally headed back to the truck she was in there (magic I guess). I got to drink out of the water fountain at the school. It was just my size. Nice.

We came home, and our glorious snow is up to Smudgie's shoulders. Now, he's a shrimp, so for me it's just my ankles.

We came inside and snuggled for a while at the TV, and then we had dinner and went out for our pees. (Here comes the doofus part.)

I was still pretty wet, and it was pretty cold out, but I wanted to play in the snow, so I was mucking about (as Mommy always says) on the deck when I realized I was FREEZING.

I didn't know what else to do, so I curled up and laid down in the snow, waiting for death to take me. It was over. My new life and family began to fade.

Then, a miracle happened! My Mommy (who had been watching me from the door, and had been calling me in but I wouldn't listen), ran out (barefoot - she's awesome!) and grabbed me and dragged me into the warm house.

She put a blanket around me and hugged me and I warmed up really quickly! I was saved! I was saved!

As I was showing my gratitude with an enthusiastic face licking, she said, "Rudy, you doofus, when you feel cold you're supposed to come inside. The door wasn't even closed."

Frankly, I think the name calling was completely uncalled for. How was I to know enough to come in out of the cold?

Sheesh!

Take care all, and stay dry this winter...it could save your life.

Rudy Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment