A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Welcome to Finnegan.

Mommy and Daddy just told me that I have a new baby cousin. His name is Finnegan, and he's just a baby...eight weeks old. She also tells me that with my bad attitude toward others I'll never get to meet him. That seems unfair, but I'll have to keep working on my attitude I guess...or maybe hers.

Anyway, I saw his picture (and didn't even growl at it by the way) and he really is a cutie. And what a lucky dog he is...he gets to live with Auntie Brighit, Cousin Vienna, and Cousin Jzero. They are three of my all time most favourite people...and he gets his own family for Christmas. I'm sure enjoying my Christmas season this year...so far anyway...I just don't understand why everyone gets so nervous when I dig around in the presents. I don't even really know what presents are, so how can I possibly be doing it wrong?

Anyway, welcome to the family little Finnegan. Even though they won't let me see you, please know that I already love you (and so does your Cousin Smudgie).

There's nothing like a family for Christmas!

Take care all, especially little Finnegan.

Big Cousin Rudy

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rudy.

    Ahem, I have prepared a statement regarding the interloper-puppy situation.

    As the OFFICIAL spokes-cat for our house, I would like to state FOR THE RECORD that NONE of us quadrupeds were consulted on this decision. The uprights had a brief discussion AMONGST THEMSELVES during Saturday brunch. They had bacon and German Pancakes. Mmmmm bacon......What? Oh sorry.

    Well, then, my Dad went to sleep and Grammaw and Auntie Vienna went out for a couple of hours and came home with HIM.

    He was smelly. (They bathed him. It helped a little, but not much.)

    He pees and poops in the house. (Grammaw's considering having paper towels delivered directly to the house.) Now, as cats, we too poop and pee in the house, but we are at least civilized about it, and do it in our litter boxes. Not just willy nilly wherever and whenever we feel the need.

    He BARKS. And CRIES. And HOWLS.

    And when Grammaw was at work today and my Dad was puppy-sitting (aka playing SuperMario Wii), that little stinker CHEWED A CHRISTMAS PRESENT! What NERVE!

    Yes,it was all very un-democratic. But then, Grammaw always says our family is a "benevolent dictatorship", which I think is a fancy way of saying that she thinks she's the boss. Hmph, that's what SHE thinks. Everyone here knows that I am the real brains behind this operation.

    Also, for the record, I would like to state that all affectionate and accepting behavior directed by me towards HIM this afternoon, (such as head butting, cheek rubbing, purring and rolling on my back trying to get his attention) was PURELY for the entertainment of Grammaw. Nothing more. I like to keep her happy. I know where my whitefish and tuna dinners come from.

    I do see your point about getting a family for Christmas, though. My Grammaw says Finnie and his sister were all alone out in the world, hungry and cold. (He is kinda' skinny, and he likes wearing the coat Grammaw bought him when he goes outside, and in the house he even likes to wear Kitty's pink sweater. Can you IMAGINE? Kitty is a GIRL. You wouldn't catch ME wearing a girl's sweater. Sorry, I'm rambling...Where was I? Oh yeah, getting a family for Christmas....)

    I remember when I was just a little kitten, the same thing happened to me. I got lost outside in the cold. I was a couple of weeks younger than Finn. It was pretty scary. Dad says I was a "street cat". Then My Dad and my Uncles Paul, Dave and Andy found me and took me home to meet Grammaw. She warmed me up and told them how to take care of me, gave me some food, and one way or another, we've all been together ever since. That was 8 years ago. That's when I got my family. It was awesome.

    Hmm...now that I think about it, I guess I should give the little fellow a chance. Its probably good for my Karma. Oooh I'm getting all misty here. The milk of feline kindness is flowing through me ....mmmmmmm milk......wait, what? Sorry.

    Yeah, I'll give him a chance. He could turn out okay. And he does make Grammaw awfully happy.

    I'll let you know how it goes.

    Zeke, Spokes-Cat and Former Vagabond.

    ReplyDelete