A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dear Santa,

Hi there. It's me, Rudy. I'm not really clear on this whole Christmas thing, but Smudgie said that you're a very nice man, in a big red suit, who comes on Christmas Eve and brings us presents. Smudgie lies to me a lot, so if this is another one of his pranks I'll be pretty unhappy with him...but just in case, I thought I'd cover all my bases.

Smudgie also says that when you come down the chimney (Who knew the chimney wasn't properly secured in this house???? Has anyone told Mommy and Daddy about this????) I should remember not to bite you. I don't think I'd want to bite you...I hear you're really nice...but I'm glad Smudgie warned me, just in case.

He says that we can ask you for presents. He says his list is really really long and that he's already sent it to you in triplicate (whatever that is). If that's the case, I don't really need anything. Whatever you bring Hudson will be just fine with me. I always take his stuff away anyhow. It makes up for when he falls asleep on top of me and then growls at me if I move.

So anyway Santa, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not asking for anything for Christmas this year. I don't want to be greedy you see. Way back in January of this year I got the one present I'd been dreaming about my whole life...I got a family. And it's a pretty nice one if I do say so myself. My Mommy loves me soooooo much, and so does Daddy. Mommy cooks yummy food and sometimes lets me have a taste. She always tells me what it is before I eat it, and it's always good. Daddy takes us for walks in the snow and rollerblading in the summer. He's the best Daddy ever! I also have a big (little) brother. I had no idea that being part of a pack family would be so great.

I get to sleep on the bed, and have chewy rings to get my crazies out...and when I eat silly things, like socks, I have an awesome veterinary team to cut me right open and take them back out. (Note to self: Don't do that anymore...it scares Mommy and Daddy.)

So Santa, I just wanted to say hi, and tell you that I'm really really happy now, and I don't need anything at all for Christmas. I know that I didn't get my family until January of this year, but Mommy tells me that she and Daddy met a rescue puppy named Spock on Christmas Eve, and that he was their inspiration for starting their search for me.

And, since it took place on Christmas Eve, that probably means you had something to do with it, so thank you very much for that. I sincerely mean it. And don't worry about presents in the future. I'm very happy with the family I've already got, and can't imagine ever needing anything else.

Take care all, and especially you Santa!

Jingle Rudy

P.S. If you're stopping by to drop off stuff for Smudgie anyway, he really likes those Nylabone rings....so if you happened to add one to his list, and it isn't too much trouble....well, um....you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment