A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

What is Smudgie's problem?

Yesterday Mommy and Daddy tried to do a little bum trimming on Hudson. He acted like they were removing his paws with a chain saw. What a baby!

I waited patiently, and sat nicely. I was hoping...hoping...hoping...that there would be a turn for me. And THERE WAS!

My Mommy and Daddy love me enough to trim the hair in front of my eyes. I sat really still, except for my flicking tail. I was so happy. Then, I laid down to enjoy the rest.

Daddy used the clippers to remove the hair between my paw pads. He said it would help with snowballs. I don't mind snowballs, because whenever we come back from walks Mommy's waiting with a bowl of warm water that melts them right away and feels really good on my feeties. I held each paw out for Daddy while he trimmed them all.

Then he did a bit of trimming on my bum. It wasn't horrible. I used to be afraid of anyone touching my bum, but that was when it was really sore. Dr. Skakun used to stick her fingers in there to try to help, but it hurt. Then she put medicine in. Yuck. But you know what? It helped.

So, anyway, my bum is nicely trimmed, and then Daddy cleaned up my tummy (he says if we keep it short it won't get matted). Then we moved downstairs and Mommy did the bum thing. I didn't really like it, but that medicine from before really did help, so it doesn't hurt anymore. It's not very dignified, but it feels better once it's done.

So, why doesn't Smudgie understand how lucky he is to have someone love him? I sure get it. When I was living by myself on the streets in Florida, I would have given anything to have someone brush me, or fix my sore bum problem. Now that I'm here I know exactly what it means when someone grooms me.

It means someone loves me.

And I'm good with that!

So, suck it up Smudgie. I didn't see you give anyone thank you kisses last night. I did. Even after Mommy squeezed my bum, I thanked her. Because that, my dear brother, is love.

Take care all, and appreciate the finer things in life, like those who love you, even when you fuss.

Dapper Rudy

1 comment: