A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Wow, I've missed you.

I have lots to share with you. It's been a crazy week. Mommy's been working late a lot, and Daddy's been really busy too. It's been hard for us dogs to get any time for fun.

The BBQ last weekend was awesome. But I didn't behave very well, and now Mommy's not happy with me at all. The first part wasn't my fault...well, at least I don't think so. It seems I ate something I shouldn't have (although I don't know of anything I shouldn't eat...) and my tummy was upset, so my bum got involved.

Long story short...I am SO SORRY about Auntie Brighit's carpet.

I also did pretty well with a puppy on the other side of the fence. I really did...until Smudgie let out one little bark and then I had to do my killer moves, and suddenly everyone was mad at me.

Then, later, in the house I did really well with the cat sitting on the opening in the wall. I didn't fuss at all. And then he moved. So I fussed. And again everyone got mad.

I don't get it. I was only protecting them from a killer cat. Some people think that they are cute, but I know that they really aren't much different than lions and tigers. And no one wants THOSE in their house!

Smudgie was no help at all. He immediately left us all and went to sleep in Auntie Brighit's room. Turns out there were at least two, maybe three, possibly six, but most likely a thousand other cats already sleeping in there. They each tried to creep out past him and you know what HE did about it?

NOTHING!

He didn't even lift his head. I know he saw them. I know he smelled them. Why didn't he DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT IT?

So, I was on a very short leash all night. Auntie Brighit and my cousin Vienna and my cousin Jzero said I wasn't being too bad, but Mommy and Daddy aren't buying it. I'm thinking Bad Dog Relocation Program or something like that.

At the end of the night I remembered to thank everyone for inviting me over (except the cats, who quite frankly, I would have preferred on the BBQ instead of having free run of the house). Smudgie again showed no doggy solidarity. Cousin Vienna brought a cat right up to him, and held it to his face. He made a big show of yawning and walking away.

Nice. Thanks for showing me up and making Mommy and Daddy even more unhappy with me.

Well, that's my update for now. I'll have to tell you about my horrible day on Monday, but that will have to wait.

I'm pretty sure I just heard the tinkle of my leash, and so I must run!

Take care all.

Rudy the Great Protector

No comments:

Post a Comment