A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Did you hear what Smudgie did yesterday?

That Smudgie...he's pretty snarky to Mommy. And yet she always forgives him. Go figure.

Daddy made himself lunch yesterday out of leftovers. He shredded some pork and added BBQ sauce. We both thought it smelled heavenly. I have manners, of course, but my big brother doesn't. He jumped up on the bench and helped himself to some from the table. Daddy yelled. I ran. Smudgie ran, and of course Mommy giggled from the other room.

Later Smudgie kicked at the door to go out, so Mommy put a muzzle on him and sent him on his way. I waited nicely, got mine, and headed to Poo Corner to see what was new. Smudgie didn't even leave the step. He turned around and came right back in, glaring at Mommy.

Now this next part I didn't actually see...I was still snarfling at Poo Corner, but Mommy keeps bringing it up over and over so I know what I missed...

The second Smudgie was released from the muzzle he ran directly to the couch, jumped up, and threw up BBQ pork all over the cushion. Mommy was not impressed. Now I get that heading for the couch may have been excessive, but it's not like he could throw up with the muzzle on anyway. She really needs to let this go.

He's okay now...and so is the couch. But he hasn't learned his lesson. The uprights had tomato soup for lunch today, and I heard Mommy shriek, "Leave it!" right before he ran past me, heading for cover. Oh Smudgie...you really are your own worst enemy.

Take care all, and always keep an eye on your food so you don't lose your lunch.

Rudy, the reluctantly muzzled, and counter surfing restrained (for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment