A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's okay. I'm fine. Really. Sorry to be so much trouble.


Wow. Families sure do worry about you. It's kinda nice.

Thursday night Mommy was particularly generous. She was making dinner, and making potato salad for her friends at work, and Smudgie and I were her sous chefs. She didn't really let us help much...something about germs and dog hair. Sheesh. But, she did let us do a little sampling. And I'm always up for a little sampling.

We tried an ice cube, a small taste of celery (nice crunch but yuck taste), a piece of boiled potato, and of course, a nice big chunk of carrot. Now I wolfed mine down fast, hoping to snag Smudgie's piece too, and I would have, but Mommy guards him when he eats now, and won't let me. Mean, mean Mommy!

So, I was forced to eat only my own carrot.

It was all really yummy though.

At about ten we had second dinner. I enjoyed it as well. It was a good batch of kibble, well presented, nice flavour. No complaints from this sheepie.

Then, fifteen minutes later, during Big Bang Theory (I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!) my dinner all came back up, and so did the carrot. I thought Mommy would be mad that it happened on the ottoman, but she wasn't. She was upset, though. She was so scared. I don't throw up much. I'm not a delicate flower like little Smudgie. The only other time I threw up before was right before my emergency sock removal surgery. And that's what scared her.

It worried me a little too. My tummy hurt a little, and that reminded me of that awful day in October too, so I started pacing and whining. They cleaned up after me, and then Daddy stayed up and watched me until two in the morning, when I finally settled. They were both so worried.

The next day, Daddy went to the dentist and then came home and checked on me. I was fine, but my uprights wouldn't stop worrying. Mommy was at work, and Daddy was supposed to text her updates, but he didn't, so she was mad, and kept phoning for updates, which irritated him...which made her call more.

All this fussing over little old me.

But honestly, I'm fine. No socks here. But I did learn a very valuable lesson. If you don't bother to chew your carrot you won't actually get to keep it. It will come back and escape your tummy, which kinda feels yucky, and freaks everyone out.

So, let that be a lesson for all.

Take care all, and always chew your carrots well.

Rudy, who is slowly learning important things.

No comments:

Post a Comment