A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Where are my McNuggets?

It's dinnertime and Mommy's home, but no Daddy yet. I'm worried. Mommy says he might be late but he's bringing birthday McNuggets no matter what. Smudgie says Mommy's kind of lying...he says there will be Smudgie McNuggets, but none for me. Why does he torture me so?

Mommy sang this birthday song to me and then gave me my kibble. I think it was kind of cruel to make me wait LONGER to eat on my special day.

So, while we wait for the McNuggets to arrive I want to tell you about my grand adventure yesterday. Daddy thought it was funny, but Mommy was very upset.

I was out in Poo Corner when I noticed a board that was loose in the fence between my yard and the one belonging to the neighbours (Mommy calls them the Noisypants Family, but I'm not sure that's really their last name). So, I went to check it out.

Turns out I fit through just fine. So I went and checked out their yard. The snow was all smooth and crisp and I think my footprints really jazzed it up well. Then I checked out the end of their yard. Mommy says it's a "cliff" but it was just a really big drop to the river. I like to jump, so I headed down there. Then I checked out the river. It's frozen, so you can walk across it. You can't do THAT in Florida.

I mosied around, and then got a little lonely, so I walked along the river to our yard (I never get to go out in the unfenced part) and came up all three tiers to the stairway. I came up those stairs, and realized that I was trapped OUTSIDE of the fence to Poo Corner.

By now Daddy came out looking for me (Mommy was still at work). He called, so I ran up and down the outside of the fence. He came to another part of the fence and had to shovel out a section so he could open the "gate" to let me in. He said I was a doofus and laughed.

I don't think it was a good idea to laugh when he told Mommy the story later. She freaked.

She sent him out in the dark of night to fix the fence (he was NOT happy) and she went on and on about me getting out and maybe getting lost, and then Daddy admitted that I wasn't wearing my muzzle when I was out (big mistake...NEVER tell Mommy that) and she got even more worried that I could have gone after another dog and gotten into really big trouble. Daddy said it was all okay and that she should calm down, but she didn't. Then she said, "Rudy got picked up by animal control in Florida three times...do you really want that to happen to him again? We could lose him forever."

That really made me scared...and Daddy got pretty quiet. Then he agreed that maybe it wasn't so "funny" after all.

I don't ever want to go back to animal control ever again. They were nice to me and all, but I'm happy where I am and I want to stay forever. So I will try really hard not to go exploring when I see a chance. And I'm really glad that my Daddy fixed my fence. That was really nice of him. And it turned out that Mommy had already bought a piece to put up on the fence (she saw this coming) so it was there and ready to use. Mommy's really smart. (Maybe that's why Daddy says she's a SmartiePants all the time...but he doesn't always say it all that nicely...)

Anyway, that's my great adventure. I enjoyed it, but since it really upset my family I'll try hard not to do it again.

Take care all, and stay close to your family. They love you.

Vagabond Rudy

No comments:

Post a Comment