A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Well, the New Year didn't make Smudgie any braver.




We had a nice night last night. Daddy fell asleep early, and Mommy stayed up super late watching her Supernatural DVDs. I'm not sure why she still does that. She knows every line by heart...but she says that whenever something new happens in the current season you need to go back and rewatch it all. Mommy's a little weird that way...but I digress.

So, Daddy decided to put the bed in the TV room. He says he's renovating the bedroom, but even I know that's not going to go smoothly (sorry Daddy, but you know it's true). It was weird having them in the TV room, and it's hard to look out the window in the bedroom without a bed to snooze on while doing it.

So around midnight last night there were these big, scary sounds and lights across the street. Smudgie and I leaped into action. We sounded the alarm and ran back, putting ourselves firmly between our uprights and the danger. Daddy didn't want to get out of bed, but Mommy pointed out that a man sending his wife to face danger like this would end up being embarrassing for him when she told EVERYONE about it later, so he got up. I fell into line immediately. I stood at my Daddy's side, awaiting further orders.

Hudson decided he'd had enough. I knew he was a scaredy cat (yes, a cat!) but I had no idea. He bolted in front of Daddy with his bum and head tucked down low...he looked funny...and ran downstairs to his crate. He climbed in and HID from the danger.

Oh Smudgie, what were you thinking?

Daddy and I checked it out, and Daddy said it was something called fireworks. He said that it was bizarre for someone to do it when there was a serious wind chill warning. I agree, but the lights were pretty once you knew they were harmless. The noise wasn't too bad either.

So, Smudgie curled up in his crate and HID there for two hours. Then, when he decided to rejoin us in the TV/bedroom he insisted on curling up in between Mommy and Daddy for safety.

I climbed up on the couch (comfy!) and kept my eye on the door for the rest of the night, just in case. It's important to always guard the perimeter to keep your family safe and sound.

So, I am wondering...is moving the bed to the TV room one of those big changes Smudgie warned me about for the New Year? If so, I guess it's not that bad. Let's just hope that this is the end of the changes. I really liked 2010, and I'm hoping that 2010B will involve lots more of the same.

So, take care all, and Happy New Year (ish)...I'm hoping the 2010B thing will catch on.

Corporal Rudy, always at your service

No comments:

Post a Comment