A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I never thought this day would come

Last night, while it was cold and dark and rainy and my heart was breaking from loneliness, something wonderful happened.

My Mommy came home to me.

My heart is so full it's ready to burst. Yay. She came home! I NEVER thought I would see her again.

She smiled and gave us hugs and kisses and pats and told me (not so much Hudson because he was acting all cool and aloof) that she MISSED ME! She said that the voice on the computer a few times this weekend was actually her, and that she was talking to us from her hotel in Vancouver. Why didn't Daddy explain that one? That would have made me feel a whole lot better.

I wanted to make sure Mommy knew how excited I was so I jumped all over her (which she didn't like, actually) and tried to wag my bum all the way off. She laughed. Then Smudgie got really excited (he said he wanted to play, but I know he was just really happy to see her) so he jumped in. I know Mommy doesn't like it when we jump on her so I jumped on him and a bitey fight broke out.

Mommy laughed.

So Smudgie and I wrestled and played and wrestled and played while Mommy and Daddy watched. Daddy told her that we hadn't played all weekend, and it was true. Who feels like playing when your heart is broken?

So Mommy told us all about her trip. She went on and on about these Winchester boys, and said that someone named Jensen Ackles is really, really good looking and exceptionally nice. Again I say, "Let's invite him over for dinner then!" But she doesn't seem to be listening to me.

We looked at about seven thousand pictures of the same ten people, and Smudgie and I fell asleep. It was nice listening to her voice as we faded off. Then later we watched TV for an hour and went to bed. That's when I saw how much my brother missed Mommy. He laid down right beside her and she patted him gently the whole hour. He didn't climb on her, or grouse and go away to his corner. He stayed close the whole time.

It's so awesome to have Mommy back. It's like life is worth living again. She came right in and filled our water bowls. Mommies are helpful that way.

As I write this she's getting ready to go to work. It makes us both sad, but we're used to the work thing...we know she'll be home by dinnertime, and that's okay with us.

Take care all, and kiss your Mommy today. She's worth it.

Rudy, the content

No comments:

Post a Comment