A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We went to that wonderful park again yesterday!

I love that park. It's big and has lots of pretty flowers and nice people, and even a few nice dogs.

We walked and walked, and Hudson's still pretty wimpy. He got tired way before me. Someone has got to remind him that he is two years old, not forty two!

We rested in the shade and he hogged the water bottle again. It's a really cute bottle that opens up into a little bowl. It's called a gulpy, and that's all Hudson did...he gulped and gulped and gulped. But Mommy made him slow down. She said he was not allowed to throw up on my on the way home this time. I like Mommy for that.

We found this huge pile of rocks. It was ten stories high (or, as Mommy said, about six feet tall). Smudgie wasn't interested but I climbed to the top with my Daddy. I was so proud as I stood there, looking down on Mommy and Smudge. I laughed and smiled and wagged my bum. I'm such a lucky dog now. Life is grand.

When I looked down I noticed that Mommy was crying. She said they were happy tears, but I don't really understand that. So I did the only thing I could think to do. I jumped up really tall, and kissed her all over her face. She laughed, and didn't even scold me for jumping, so I guess I did good.

I met so many nice people, and only a few dogs I hated. There was a really nice man in a wheelchair. He really liked me and Daddy says I was very good with him. I was a little scared at first because I didn't know what a wheelchair was and I thought it might be scary, but it all worked out really well. He was super nice.

We rode back in the truck and we both fell asleep. When I woke up at home I discovered that NO ONE BARFED ON ME this time. Thank goodness for that!

So we hung out and slept the rest of the day. It was a really good day.

Take care all, and go mountain climbing if you can....it's fun!

Mountain Man Rudy

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything is ok with Mommy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Auntie Suzanne, they were tears of joy. She gets that way sometimes. She says that when I'm really happy it makes her think of my old life and then she gets really mad at the people who treated me really badly and then really sad for me. I wish she'd stop getting so emotional about it. I'm happy now, and that's what counts. She says that she loves me, warts and all (for the record I have no warts, but she usually says that shortly after I poop in the house or throw up a sock). She also says my old uprights are to blame for my "warts." I'm just glad she gets distracted by those thoughts and forgets to scold me for pooping.

    So Mommy's okay. She's just a great big suck (I quote Daddy on that one, I'd never ever say such a thing myself.)

    Love, Rudy Patootie

    ReplyDelete