A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Does Hudson hate me?

Yesterday started out as the best day ever. We did "errands" again. I don't know why the uprights complain about them so much. Smudgie and I LOVE errands. We get a car ride, and lots of stops and oh, the people we meet!

First we waited for Mommy while she went somewhere so Daddy took us for a walk around a neighbourhood (see, I'm Canadian now...note the silly U in that word) that I've never been to before. It was very nice so I peed on it. Just thought I'd give it my seal of approval.

Then we drove to this place where there were at least a million people. Mommy walked with Smudgie and he kept goosing strangers with his cold nose and sticking his head in their bags. Silly people. They thought it was cute so they would stop and open the bags and let him see. He was sad though...he didn't find any steak.

I got really overwhelmed so I just watched Daddy as we eased our way through the crowd. I didn't even think to snarl at the other dogs and we passed a lot of them. Mommy praised me a lot for this, but honestly, I just forgot I hated them. There was so much other interesting stuff to do.

It ended way too soon, but we went back to the truck and had a big drink out of our special puppy water bottle. Then we drove home. All the windows were open, but it was still hot. When we got home we each had another big drink and then a nap. It was great. Daddy joined us so we squished him. It was cold in the house, and Hudson just got shaved, so he was really really cold.

And then Mommy decided on another errand. Yay. And she made Daddy come too, and she made him bring us. Double yay. So we went off in search of fresh corn for dinner. (Note: She lied. It was not for dinner for dogs...just people...but she did teach me how to nibble on an empty cob. When do we get our own cobs?)

We stopped at two different places, and I again forgot to snarl at a little dog. I was really off my game yesterday.

She found corn so we stopped for a slurpee before going home. Daddy let me try his but seriously????? Banana. What's up with that?

So far a great day, right?

So why on earth, as we pulled out of the 7-11 parking lot, did my dear brother decide to THROW UP on me?

Why?

Oh Why?

It was hot and stinky and no air conditioning and I tried desperately to get away from the barf (although it was stuck to my beautiful fur) but they wouldn't let me into the front seat, so I had to sit that way all the way home.

And of course he didn't stop at one. He heaved all over ME four times.

Does he hate me?

Daddy rushed us all in for a shower. Smudgie HATED his. I LOVED mine. He used strawberry shampoo and I smell really pretty. Then he brushed me and I was in doggie heaven....but this in no way makes up for the betrayal of being barfed on by the Smudge.

I've tried discussing this with him, but he won't. He says what's done is done. I'm not so sure. This better not become a habit.

So that's the story about how Smudgie (or little smudge man as Mommy calls him) completely ruined the best day ever.

Take care all, and don't barf on your dog!

Rudy, the indignant strawberry

No comments:

Post a Comment