A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Did you know that some dogs have horns?


Mommy and Daddy and Smudgie and I went to that wonderful place called Bird's Hill Park today. We drove for hours and hours to get there (yet the drive back was really short...hmmm). We got out, had some pees and poos before we hit the trail (Mommy won't let us start until we poo because apparently the garbage can is near the start of the trail and she doesn't want to carry our poo the whole time. I happen to think we make really good poo. Sometimes mine has socks in it!)


Anyway, once we were off it was wonderful. The leaves on the trees were completely different colours than they were two weeks ago when we last did that trail. How nice it is that someone came along and coloured them all different colours, just for us.


I sniffed every single blade of grass and each and every leaf there was. It was fantastic. We walked for a long time and even as I write this my paws are black on the bottom. There's a weird smell in the air. Mommy called it "fall." I've never had fall before, but I wonder if it's connected to all the pretty coloured leaves on the ground?


Anyway we walked and walked and walked. It was great. And when it was over, we crossed the roadway and went to the Farmer's Market at Pine Ridge Hollow.


Except it wasn't there anymore. The market that is. Pine Ridge Hollow was still there, and we could smell the food, but we didn't get any.


Anyway, Daddy took us to this area where there were pens, and I saw these two funny looking dogs. They were bigger than me, and they were sitting on top of their dog houses. Weird. I sat and looked at them, and was about to make a fuss (after all, I have to defend my family from marauding dogs, don't I?) when I noticed something really, really weird.
This dog had horns.
Really BIG horns.
In fact, they both had horns.
So, I decided that they were best left alone. They had horns and they smelled funny, so why mess with them?
I'll take them down next time I'm there.
Take care all.
Rudy, the dog who stares at dogs with horns

No comments:

Post a Comment