A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Monday, September 13, 2010

There's this big thing in my living room

First of all, sorry I've been off the computer for a while. Mommy went back to school and her laptop hasn't even been turned on. What a difference from the summer holidays when she spent all her time playing this silly game called Plants Vs Zombies. I could always sneak on then.

Anyway, she finally turned it on, and then spent an hour griping about something called a Grant Summary that apparently is due on Friday, and she did it in June, but then they changed something called a template, and now she has to redo it, and I've NEVER heard Mommy say THOSE words before. You know the ones I mean.

Anyway, she walked away from her computer so here I am, telling you our news...

Something called a piano was just delivered.

It's really old, and dusty, and smelly.

Daddy's really excited. He wants to get it cleaned up and fixed. The men who brought it in say it's in good shape, but Mommy's skeptical (she always is!) She says it was against a concrete wall in a basement for twenty three years and that there's no way it's in good shape.

So, the guys who delivered it say it's a great piano, and worth cleaning up and tuning. They played it, and said it sounds pretty bad right now. Finally they left, and Mommy let me and Smudgie see it.

I like it, but Smudgie doesn't.

He sniffed it and paced around it and then Mommy sat down and started playing it.

He yiped and ran away.

Mommy said, "Great. That'll be good for yet another week-long-pee-in-the-house drama from Smudge."

I wonder if she'll let me play it. I think I'd be pretty good.

Hmmmm. Maybe I'll do that while she's at work. I did hear her say that with the new (old) piano there's no room for my crate in the living room. She hopes I won't need it for much longer, but apparently the carpet I ate on Saturday night (and then threw up all over Daddy on Sunday morning) suggests otherwise.

Take care all. I'll try to write more often!

Wolfgang Amadeus Rudy

No comments:

Post a Comment