A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Winnipeg can be dangerous after all.

Late last night I had to protect my uprights (and my silly little big brother Hudson) from a late night OWL ATTACK.

I could hear them, discussing their attack plans, in the tree by our window. I barked several warnings, and the uprights woke up and said, "Go to sleep." I don't know why they thought the owls would listen to them. They told the owls to be quiet and go lay down a bunch of times. They never even stopped to thank me. Even Hudson seemed very ungrateful.

I kept going to the window, but had no back up, so I did the only thing I could think to do. I put down a protective perimeter of pee in the bedroom, knowing that the owls would think twice before crossing that.

Right in the middle of this, Mommy woke up and yelled, "NO!" Finally she was a little stronger in her opinion of owls. Then Daddy (who clearly misunderstood what I was doing) took me away from the battlefront, made me pee outside (as if I still needed to, silly Daddy), and then used the big old steam cleaner to remove my perimeter.

That was it. We appeared to be doomed. So I did the only thing I could think of. I herded the uprights into a small space on the bed, and then had Hudson snuggle up close. Then I protected them all with my body by stretching myself out and positioning myself on top. To further confuse the enemy I added a warning message that I repeated for hours. It sounded a lot like a snore, but it said, "Stay away. Do not attack. You will be killed. Rudy's on the alert."

But Mommy again misinterpreted my efforts, and left the safety of our huddle. She says she hung out on the internet for hours, and then slept in the TV room on the big comfy sofa.

But, we're all okay this morning, and the evil owls have moved on, so it appears my strategy worked. I've saved my family again and no one has bothered to say a simple thank you. But that's okay. I feel really good inside knowing that I know how to protect my family. And I'll get some naps in today so I can be at my best tonight to fend off any further attacks. Who knew that owls can be even more dangerous than gators? (Gators may be bigger and stronger, but they rarely organize their offensives like owls do.)

Take care all, and keep an eye on those latenight treetops.

Rudy, who heard the owls call his name





This image is not an actual image from last night. This is a Great Grey Owl, the official owl of Manitoba, however, the ones from last night were sabre toothed Great Grey Owls, wearing full body armour and carrying semi automatic weapons. I'm sure of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment