A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Mommy and Smudgie are having a battle of wills...and my money's on Mommy.

Hudson was bad again today. He saw some butter on the counter and he ate it, foil wrapper and all. I heard Mommy say it was about a quarter of a cup, and that there would probably be something called "hot buttered puke" later on today. Normally I'm always up for trying something new, but that does not sound appetizing, so I intend to pass.

Apparently it's game on now. I've figured out what Mommy's up to. I've heard the story about how she cured her first sheepie (BRANDON, who spelled his name in all caps, but I've no idea why) of counter surfing.

Mommy's been leaving out some really tempting things on the counter, near the edge, and they've all been liberally seasoned with cayenne pepper. She told me all about it, and let me smell it, and then offered me about two grains to lick. I did not like them at all. She told me that's what everything on the counter now tastes like and to stay away. I will for sure stay away, but I don't steal from counters anyway. I'm a sock man myself.

Hudson stole some more butter (a tiny little piece) right in front of Mommy. But he got more than he bargained for. He was so upset, and he ran for the water bowl, but Mommy was holding it and made him sit and wait to get it. He said the flavour was horrible and his mouth burned.

She didn't make him wait that long, but he was shooting lasers out of his eyes the whole time. Then he had a drink, calmed down, and did it again...TWICE MORE.

I told him to stop. I told him to give this up, but he and Mommy are battling it out. I think she'll win. But how many more times will he do this?

Let's all hope that Smudgie gets over himself fast. I'd like the kitchen to go back to smelling nice...right now any self respecting dog can smell the cayenne a mile away. I even hung out in the dining room during dinner. It smelled better.

Take care all, and keep Smudgie in your thoughts. He's really his own worst enemy in this one.

Rudy, unseasoned

No comments:

Post a Comment