A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

They think I'm tucked away in my crate.

Shhhhh.

Don't rat me out.

The uprights (okay, mostly Mommy) think the bedroom carpet smells like pee. I don't see why it would. I haven't peed in there in over a month. And she's steam cleaned it with all kinds of stinky bleach and not so stinky vinegar (makes me think of french fries....yummy), so how on earth could it still smell?

So, she started picking at the edge of the carpet in the bedroom and Daddy was trying to nap and told her not to. So she kept on picking, and then he told her a little louder NOT TO, so she pouted and left the bedroom, which got Daddy worried, so HE started peeling the carpet and then called her back.

And three hours later the house is a disaster, and Smudgie and I are tucked away in our crates.

Apparently they didn't think we were all that helpful when we were climbing all over the carpet waves, or nibbling on the TWO layers of underlay stuff that was beneath it. I heard Mommy say that there were still spots that were wet on the floor. I take offense at that. I haven't peed in a month, and the new roof has been on for three. I find it hard to believe that the carpet was still wet at the bottom.

But Daddy says so, too. So I'll just disagree quietly.

Anyway, now they're frantically tearing everything apart, but of course they didn't bother to take the furniture OUT of the room to do this. Nope. Daddy lifted a piece of furniture while Mommy pulled the carpet. Then they moved to another place and did it again. I was sure the TV was going to fall right off the dresser and onto Daddy. So was Mommy. She shrieked, and Daddy's face got all grouchy looking, and shortly after Smudgie and I went to doggie jail.

I don't know WHAT they're thinking. I heard Mommy say we're going to live with the plywood until everything has a chance to completely dry out. I can't imagine what my delicate little bottom will sleep on tonight.

Why oh why did they do this?

Don't they know.

Change is bad.

Very very bad.

Gotta head back to my crate now. I hear footsteps coming. I must not let them see my at the keyboard.

Take care all,

Rudy, who can't imagine being snug as a bug without a rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment