A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

EVEN MORE RULES

Mommy has added even more rules. I cannot believe it. Here are the "new ones." They are as unfair as the old ones...

-Toys must remain in the house. I am not allowed to take them out in the yard and leave them in Poo Corner. What if they want some fresh air? It's cruel to leave them inside all the time.

-No biting Smudgie's ear. He went to the vet and had a skin tag (whatever THAT is) removed, and it needs to heal so no biting. I think it's just something Smudgie made up to keep me from having fun.

-No sneaking up on Mommy and slipping my paws under her feet and then yelping when she steps on me. I think this is ridiculous. Maybe she should watch where her feet are stepping. And perhaps wearing shoes in the house is unnecessary. I know I manage without shoes just fine.

-All dogs must swallow the last mouthful of water instead of slogging it around and dripping all over the house every time they take a drink. Okay, I get this one in theory, but good luck with enforcement Mommy.

-No inviting strange dogs to play by acting like a ferocious beast. Apparently it upsets them and makes people think I'm aggressive. I have no idea how to ask to play nicely, and Hudson gets me, so I think the problem is the OTHER dogs. I'm really just the sweetest guy.

So, I'm still planning some sort of uprising, but I'll wait to uprise when there's something yummy on the counter to reach, or something like that.

Take care all, and any advice on how to overthrow this dictatorship (while still maintaining the good parts of it) is most welcome.

Rudy, the REALLY Oppressed

1 comment:

  1. Rudy, I know all these rules seem totally unfair, but trust me, your Mommy and Daddy make them because they love you and want to keep you safe (and themselves sane).

    I'd hold off on the uprising plans. Staging a coup at this point in the game could backfire and bring on EVEN MORE RULES, if you can believe THAT!

    Perhaps choose one of the least offensive behaviors (such as the water-slogging - that was one of your cousin Winnie's favourites) and just hold onto that one, start letting the other ones go. That way, you still get to rebel a bit, but the Uprights are happy too. I'm just saying, is all. Love you Rudy. Auntie B.

    ReplyDelete