A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Well, isn't this interesting?

So, it's Monday night. Obedience night. Guess who just left with Daddy, Grandma and Cousin Katie? Not me. That's for sure. What gives?

Apparently now that Hudson's shaving is complete he gets his turn every second week, which means I get left behind. I'm so sad.

On the other hand I just came back from my first ever solo walk with Mommy. She took me out right after they left. That was kind of nice. Usually I go with Hudson and Daddy and Hudson's so crazy that I get riled up and chaos ensues. This time Mommy took me just with my collar (no embarrassing halter) and we just walked together. It was nice. I didn't pull (except when she forgot to stop at a yellow snowbank...I guess she doesn't understand the sniffing rules completely yet). I think we could get used to this.

It wasn't that long a walk. Apparently the really nice weather today melted lots of stuff, and then when the sun went down things froze back up. It made things a little slippery for Mommy. I even stepped on a frozen puddle and went through. It was a tiny bit scary, but even more exciting. It was like being adrift (well, one paw's worth anyway) on the open sea. Not like the ocean back in Florida of course...this was colder, but still no pesky alligators. So overall, a win win kind of thing. In fact, very pirate like. Arrrrrr! Or should I say Grrrrrr!?

Now we're going to snuggle on the couch and watch TV. That doesn't sound too bad. Mommy even said something about cookies.

Well, I'm off. Take care all...

Long John Rudy

1 comment:

  1. Hey Long John! This is your cousin Artie. My Mom is typing for me, as my paws tend to cover more than one key at a time. You know how it is. Anyway, I just wanted to give you a heads up about walking at this time of year. You have to be extra careful with the Uprights when you take them out for a walk, as they have a different center of gravity than we do, what with only having two paws on the ground. So when you see something FUN that just BEGS to be LUNGED at, they tend to fall a lot. They don't like that very much.

    Oh, and speaking of SOMETHING NOT TO LIKE? Here's an eye opener for ya. Well, I had to go and see Dr. Singh today, because my Mom was all worried about me moping around and not eating, and having (ahem) some "problems" with my exhaust system. You know, since my big sister Winnie hasn't been around, I've been feeling kind of sad, sleeping a lot, and I decided it was just easier to not bother either of my Uprights when I had to go to the bathroom, so I'd just slip downstairs and, you know, take care of business in the laundry room. Well, that wasn't going over very well. So Dr. Singh (he's usually really nice) gave me a good once-over, and then said he was going to get a glove, and do this thing called a RECTAL EXAM! BELIEVE ME cousin, AVOID THE RECTAL EXAM IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. It didn't hurt or anything, but it was VERY embarrasing, and my Mom said that my eyes just about bugged right out of my head.

    I guess everything turned out all right though. They sent me home with these yummy flavour packets that Mom has to sprinkle on my specially prepared breakfasts and dinners, COOKED ON THE STOVE JUST LIKE HER FOOD! HOW SWEET IS THAT?

    Plus, Dr. Singh said I should get all the EXTRA attention I want for a while, and AS MANY WALKS A DAY AS MY MOM CAN HANDLE! Hmmm, I wonder how long I can stretch this out for. I heard Mom saying something about "malingering", whatever that is.

    Anyway, so yeah. Walks GOOD, rectal exams - not so much.

    All right, I have important malingering to do, so must get on it. Catch ya later, Cuz.

    Aurthur the Defiled.

    ReplyDelete