A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Today was pretty uneventful

Mommy and Daddy left me in my crate today. It was almost as if it wasn't Saturday. They think I don't know the days of the week, but I do. They spent the day helping Uncle Garth and Auntie Shawna move (I don't think Mommy was all that helpful, but maybe I'm wrong...)

So, I didn't get my usual Saturday stuff, but there was a good long early morning snuggle with Mommy. Hudson and I had a slow motion biteyfight. We flopped backwards a lot, and each of us fell off the bed at least four times. It was big fun.

I'm kind of in the doghouse right now, and I don't really know why. Apparently I was doing well with the whole "housebreaking" thing (why on earth they would WANT me to break the house is unclear), but on Thursday I pooped in the living room. They don't know why I did it, and I'm not telling, but I just don't understand what they want from me. I go outside whenever I can, but I don't know how to ask to be let out.

Which brings me to last night. I was down by the bushes, enjoying a nice pee (not on the deck, you'll notice) and Daddy came out and started calling me. What's a good boy to do? I stopped what I was doing and came running. So, around midnight, when Daddy was fast asleep and Mommy was up late in the TV room watching something called "Glee" I had no option. Since I hadn't finished my peeing earlier because of Daddy, I just peed in the bedroom later.

It appears this is frowned upon.

Daddy woke up and yelled. Then I was cast out into the cold, dark night and told I couldn't return until I peed. (Um, don't they get that that's what I just did. By that time, I'm good, thanks.) Then the evil steam cleaner came out. Daddy was really unhappy.

Well, sure enough, when they came home around dinner I wanted to play with Daddy, so I held my pees again. And Mommy took me out, but I wanted to go look out the window to see if Daddy was back so I didn't pee, and then half an hour later I had to and didn't know how to ask, and....ooops. Let's just say that Mommy's not happy with me now either.

I get that I'm doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can't quite figure out what it is. If only I could figure out how to let them know I need to go out. I am a good dog, and I don't want to mess in the house, but my uprights don't seem to hear the thoughts in my head when I need them to.

I'm so confused.

Take care all,

Rudy, damp and befuddled

1 comment:

  1. Tonks and Luna, Atlanta Sheepie SistersApril 22, 2010 at 12:55 AM

    Rudy; maybe your Mommy can get a bell for the door for you. Then, when you have to pee, you can ring the bell. What do you think?
    Our Mom got a bell when Luna didn't know how to ask to go out (she just waited for me to ask, cuz I knew how). The bell is AWESOME; cuz you ring it too pee, but you can ALSO ring it if you want to play, or to bark at the neighbor dog, or chase squirrels. Ask your Mom to get you a bell for the door!

    ReplyDelete