A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Do you know who Mr. Mugs is?

Today Mommy told me why she first fell in love with Old English Sheepdogs. It seems that it all started when she was six years old and in grade one.

They had these things called "readers" back then, and they used them to teach kids to read. My Mommy's reading group read Mr. Mugs books. She says she always paid careful attention in school and fell in love with Mr. Mugs.

He had many great adventures in those books. He was kidnapped once (yikes), went to school (I'm in), and even rode on a rocket (I'm on the fence on this one). My Mommy said she wanted a Mr. Mugs her whole life, but her mommy said no. (In Grandma's defense, she's been really nice to me, so I'm sure she loves sheepies.)
I'm really glad that Mommy read these books when she was little. Imagine what their household would be like if she'd been raised on Curious George? Now THAT would be a very different home. Mommy has a Mr. Mugs book here at home, and in honour of the sheepie who started it all for her (and for us) I vow to never, ever chew that book. Cross my heart. After all. He IS a jet pet! Ya gotta respect that.
Take care,
Rudy, bibliophile

No comments:

Post a Comment