A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sorry I missed you all yesterday.

Mommy went out for dinner with "the girls" and that meant we boys stayed home with Daddy. It was very, very stressful for us. Daddy doesn't do it right. Any of it.

So we paced, and whined, and barked at every little thing that went by, hoping Mommy would hear us and come right home. But she stayed out until just after ten. On a school night. Seriously. What was she thinking?

We jumped and rejoiced and carried on when she finally came home. Apparently it took her thirty minutes to drive home from her friend Sheri's house (four blocks away) because it's slippery and she hates winter driving, but at least she eventually made it home. I should have gone out and gotten her, I guess. I pretty much have this winter thing covered. How hard can driving really be? My legs will easily reach the pedals.

When she got home, we were so exhausted we collapsed to sleep. Mommy crawled into bed and discovered that someone had barfed in it (it was wet and icky and we'll go with barf as the alternative is worse). Then while she was changing the bedding, she stepped in a wet spot on the floor. Daddy insisted we must have knocked over our water bowl, but Mommy thinks I peed.

I'm not confirming or denying anything. No one can prove a thing.

So, it was forty five minutes later when we all went to sleep (finally). Ten minutes after that Daddy grumbled something about not having any room on the bed and left. The three of us had a wonderful sleep on the bed all night long, until five in the morning when I cried at the door to go out. (I figured that would go a long way toward convincing Mommy that it was the water bowl and not my bladder that caused the problem earlier in the day.)

So again, I'm so sorry I didn't talk to you all yesterday. I was too pooped to type. Gotta run now. Mommy's making something called African peanut soup. It smells superyummy and I'm sure she needs my help.

Take care all,

Safari Rudy

(I've always wanted to see Africa....but I hear they have something called crocodiles, which I hope aren't anything like alligators, but I suspect they are....so maybe I'll stick with the soup.)

No comments:

Post a Comment