A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

So I heard the uprights talking and I'm concerned.

I overheard the uprights talking about the weather and about spring. Apparently the "weather forecast" (sounds like fiction to me) says that it's going to be melting soon. They seem to be referring to the snow I love so very much.

Seriously!

What is life without snow?

I heard a discussion about mud, which sounds like fun but I don't think you can eat as much of it as snow. I don't think it's all crunchy and melty at the same time like snow. Whatever will I do?

I love standing on the snowbank and looking over the fence. Once that melts I won't feel tall anymore. And what if the alligators come back? Do they migrate to avoid the snow? Will we be completely overrun with them? And what about squirrels? Right now there's one pesky little guy who hangs out chittering at us. Will all his friends come back and be underfoot?

I'm too young to never see snow again! How unfair. Can't they at least make snow a yearly thing? I think I'll have to write an angry letter to someone. Who's in charge of this stuff? I must do some googling on this matter to figure it out.

Maybe I'll ask my Grandpa. I'm going to meet him for the first time tonight. Daddy says we're going for a big walk this afternoon to tire me out so I won't jump on Grandpa. I think it's nice that Daddy still knows how to dream big.

Well, gotta go. If anyone knows who I should call or write to to correct this snow melting atrocity, please let me know.

Take care all.

Rudy (Spring Chicken)
P.S. This is a picture that Mommy showed me to try to calm me down. These are some lilies that will bloom in our yard later this year. Please note the complete lack of snow on them. Where's the fun? You can't eat the lilies. I plan to try of course, but I'm sure they won't let me. How on earth can this be a substitute for the snow I've come to love? Oh, woe is Rudy!

No comments:

Post a Comment