A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Today was absolutely awesome!

Okay, I am loving this car ride thing...even if they do insist on strapping me down.

So, we had to do something called "errands" today, so on went the embarrassing halters, and into the dirty truck we went. I immediately jumped into the front, and Daddy wasn't impressed so we played a fun game while he wrestled me into the back seat and hooked me in. It was so much fun. And then, while he was snapping me in Hudson made a break for it. Mommy got him, took him out of the truck and made him go in through the back again. She was NOT impressed. I love jumping into the truck, but my brother will only put his front feet on the seat and insists on having his bum lifted. I guess it's not his fault. He is bossy and short.

So, we headed off to this place called Lorenzo's. It took hours to get there. (Mommy says that Daddy's route is "ridiculous.") After we went through a drive thru. Now, if you don't know what a drive thru is, you really aren't living life to the fullest. You drive up, tell them what kind of food you want, and they GIVE IT TO YOU. If only they spoke dog. I tried. I really tried.

We dogs had to wait, unfairly tied up, in the back seat, but Mommy did give us each a pickle (yummmmmmy) and one French Fry. (Note to self...there should be more French Fries.) Then we drove back to that Safeway place.

Once again Daddy brought us to that wonderful bench. People stopped and visited. All kinds of people. This time it was much warmer and the people didn't come as close. It turns out that snow + warm = mud. And oh my goodness, did we have muddy paws. What fun.

When we went back into the truck with our muddy paws we played the catch me game again. We got all four seats completely muddy. Yay for us. I'm sure there's a spot for us in those Olympic Gamey Thingies. I think Daddy's entering the Olympic Swearing Event. I'm not sure why he was so cranky. He must just be tired.

Then we went to visit Auntie Brighit and Cousin Vienna. We wanted to give them some (really yummy smellling) flowers because they're so sad because they miss Cousin Winnie. Daddy said he'd stay out in the backyard with us, but they invited us in. I got to explore their house, and meet my Cousin Arthur. He growled at Hudson a few times (who wouldn't?) but he seemed to like me.

They had these things there called cats. They have many cats. I think about a hundred. The cats really weren't all that into me, but I sure loved them. I even ran down their basement stairs to go back and visit one. (Remember when I didn't know what stairs were? That's a lifetime ago now.) Cats are like small dogs, who are really cranky and communicate by hissing and trying to scratch you with their claws. Very strange, but I'm sure in time I'll figure it all out. We've all been invited back for dinner in the future, so I must have been a pretty good boy.

All three dogs (no cats though) went out to play in the backyard. That was fun. We saw people walking by and heard other neighbourhood dogs barking. What a good day.

I still LOVE this place. What amazing wonders there are in Winnipeg. When I got strapped back into the truck I fell fast asleep. What could be better than a day like this?

Well, there was one thing to finish it off just right. When we got home Mommy gave us a new squeaky elephant. I think we'll name him Floyd. I've no idea why. He's not soft, but he's really squeaky. Mommy's hoping he'll last longer than the other toys. It's good that Mommy still dares to dream.

Take care all,

Rudy, globetrotter

1 comment:

  1. When Tonks and Luna's Daddy takes them through the drive through, and I'm not there, I'm pretty sure he gets them their own French Fries. If ever you are visiting in Atlanta, you make sure to stop by and I'm sure they will take you along for fries of your own, too!

    ReplyDelete