A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Think I Did Something Wrong, but I Don't Know What

My uprights read the survey I put up, and rolled their eyes at me. Mommy said, "Okay, we'll give you a little more freedom tonight." So, she left the bedroom door open and gave me the space that Hudson gets during the day.

Hudson (the almost naked dog) snuggled on the bed all night. He's cold. I enjoyed my space and checked it all out. But...

In the middle of the night I had to pee. I thought it would be rude to interrupt everyone's sleep, so I went into the computer room and peed on the area rug. I chose a corner no one would notice, tucked under the last stair.

At five o'clock the paperboy walked down the street and we had to make sure he didn't even think of coming into our driveway. We fended him off, and he didn't try to attack this morning, but the battle woke Mommy and Daddy and Mommy decided that after all that excitement we could probably use a pee.

She got up to take us, and Hudson pretended he didn't have to go and stayed in bed. I peeked ahead, and was very relieved to see it had soaked into the carpet enough that you couldn't see it anymore. What a considerate dog I am...I didn't wake them up and I didn't leave a mark.

Then there was a shriek.

I have no idea how she knew.

She was jumping around, saying a bad word, and mumbling something about going from a nice, warm bed to a cold, soggy foot.

I've no idea what I did wrong. I just wanted them all to have a good sleep. Sigh.

Take care friends, and I guess the lesson here is don't try to do nice things for others in the wee hours of the night.

Rudy, the confused

1 comment:

  1. Rood-ster, I totally understand your reasoning here. But I have to tell you, this is one thing that upsets the uprights every time. And its not just a slow burn, that builds in intensity. Oh no. Its an instantaneous ignition. As an upright myself, I have had this experience more times than I care to count, and its never pleasant. Additionally, at our house we have these creatures called "CATS" (more on those later), who clean themselves obsessively by licking (because they can), and then throw up these things called HAIR BALLS. Although the mass of the mess, on the whole, is a much less in VOLUME than your, ahem, deposit, there is something oh so special about the viscosity of the puddle that SURROUNDS the actual LUMP of partially digested fur that makes up said HAIR BALL. As for the difference between contact when its "fresh from the oven" warm, or chilled to room temperature after "setting" for a few hours, the experiences are equally unique and shriek-worthy. I have to say, I'm with your Mom on this one. Taking everything into consideration, I'd go with waking the uprights when you have to pee. There may be grumbling, but they'll understand.

    ReplyDelete