A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

OBEDIENCE??!!?? Are you kidding me?

Hey guys. It's me again. Didn't write anything yesterday because I had the most unbelievable experience last night, and I was so tired after I just needed to bite my brother and sleep sleep sleep.

They put me in the back of the truck, BELTED me in (oh, the humiliation) and took me in the dark of night to this place called obedience school. I had so much fun trying to chase the other dogs and meeting the people. I think, however, I was supposed to be doing something else. At least, that's what I'm guessing. All these bossy people kept waving treats in front of me (okay, treats are good), and telling me to "sit" or "heel" or whatever.

I can "sit" now. I guess, but "heel" is just plain unnatural. I had great fun pulling my mother all over the room. Finally the instructor insisted Daddy work with me as he's "stronger." I watched my brother act out through the whole thing. Now I see why they call him evil puppy.

The instructor made my Mommy a little mad. She said a few times (with a bit of a sneer), "Oh yeah. We have to start from scratch with this one." My Mommy says she's really proud of all I've learned already. In just five days I've mastered stairs, lots of the indoor rules, and I almost never mess in the house. I've even gone to Poo Corner to poo. At feeding time she makes me do a "sit, stay" and wait for the "eat" command before I devour my food. She's right. I've learned lots already and I am very smart. I think that silly lady is wrong. And, if I really need to start from scratch, why didn't she have us work on beginner stuff? Huh? I seriously doubt "finish" is a command you start with. It seems, just by the word itself, to be something you'd do at the end.

I'm looking forward to next week (my Mommy is not - she said something about people who "instruct" but have no "teaching skills") so I can show that lady just how wrong she was.

I'll keep you updated. Take care friends.

Rudy, the obedient

1 comment:

  1. Start from scratch? Pish posh. And I agree with you, Rudy, about the "finish". Your Mommy is a very smart lady. My suggestion is, go through the motions, let them THINK they're "teaching" you, and then we'll re-visit the REAL meaning of that term "finish". Bwahahahahahah.........

    ReplyDelete