A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Update from Rudy

Hi guys. I just read my "guest writer" Hudson's thoughts. I feel so bad to hear that he was that upset with me. I had such a good time at obedience yesterday, and although I feel terrible for him, I can't help but be really proud of me.

First, I got to ride in that really nice truck. The same one that picked me up from the airport where I first saw snow. That was very exciting. I got to ride with Katie. She's a Havanese, and she sure bosses me around. I think it might be because they dress her in pink a lot. She has to make sure everyone still takes her seriously. And I do. I may be a LOT bigger than she is, but she is a lot tougher, so I always do what she tells me to.

When I got to obedience all the dogs and people were really nice to me. This time I was a lot calmer than I was last week. I think maybe Mommy and Daddy shouldn't have taken me that first week. I was still adjusting. I'm not complaining, but I know I didn't make the best impression on the instructor lady. In fact, Mommy tried to teach me a command called, "Pee on the mean lady's foot" but I'm sure she was only joking (I hope) so I just pretended I didn't understand. I think that might be why Daddy "strongly" encouraged Mommy to stay home with Hudson this week. He knew things might be better if Mommy took another week to calm down.

This week I felt way calmer and more focused, and I did my very best. I walked nicely on the leash and didn't even pull Daddy. I did sits and stays pretty well, and even did some downs. I don't like down/stays. You might miss some action you know. But I did try to do couple to make Daddy proud.

The instructor lady (the one Mommy thought was mean to me last week) was really impressed. I don't know exactly what I was doing that impressed her so much, but she told Daddy someone had probably shown me before because my behaviour at class indicated I had had "show training." He asked me about it, but I told him, "Sorry Daddy. I've started my new life here, and what happened in Florida stays in Florida." So he'll just have to keep on guessing. I like to be mysterious.

After obedience, Hudson did play with me (so I think I've been forgiven). We hung out with Grandma, Mommy, Daddy and Katie for a while, and then after Grandma and Katie left we all stayed up late to watch the Big Bang Theory. I love that show. I felt bad that Penny and Sheldon didn't get to go to Switzerland, but I knew right from the start that it should be Raj. I was so happy for him. He's cool. If I actually got to know him in real life, I'm sure we'd be great friends.

Take care all.

Rudy, closet science geek and all around great dog

No comments:

Post a Comment