A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Here's a Hudson Story for You All

So yesterday evening, as Daddy was making and eating his dinner (Mommy ate at six and Daddy was late, but I heard that he "called" to tell her that so it was all okay and she wasn't irked that she had dinner planned and he just didn't show...whatever that means), Hudson decided to do a little counter surfing.

Now I'm not against counter surfing myself. I've done my fair share, but I know better than to do it in front of Mommy and Daddy because (a) you get hollered at and (b) they never let you keep what you get if they actually see you anyway...but I digress.

Hudson decided to do it anyway. Silly, silly boy. And of course as he's sniffing about Mommy and Daddy get really quiet. I know they're going to get him good.

His nose zooms in on the toaster. It's on, and there's some really yummy smelling bread inside (Mommy made it on the weekend. It has something called sorghum in it, and flax, and amaranth, and sunflower seeds...very strange if you ask me, but apparently it has something to do with "allergies.") Anyway, Hudson's nose was right on the side of the toaster and he was just about to lift his front legs off the ground (I could see his back muscles begin to tense) when, out of nowhere, THE TOASTER POPPED.

I nearly peed on the kitchen floor (not on purpose or anything). It was SO funny. He jumped and ran out of that kitchen so fast I think he nearly peed on the floor in terror.

And the uprights laughed. And they laughed. And they laughed and laughed and laughed even more. Hudson was NOT amused. But I sure was. I still snicker when I think of it.

Aren't big brothers supposed to be big, strong role models? Poor Hudson. He sulked for quite a while after.

Take care,

Rudy ROTFLMBO (rolling on the floor laughing my bum off)

2 comments:

  1. dreamer just put his head in the fire place yes with the wood burning though of hudson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like they are kindred spirits...or is that kindling spirits?

    ReplyDelete