A transplanted Floridian calls it as he sees it...

I promise to tell all! I'll be as rufff as I have to.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The tortures never end around here.

So yesterday was my first day "alone" while the uprights went to work. I was so unfairly crated, but there was one very important bright spot...my Auntie Brighit and Cousin Vienna came to play with me. I love them so much!

That meant that today was my official first all day crating, and I did great...really great...honest...except that my Mommy is truly and completely evil.

Now I know nothing about cooking stuff, but I think I heard her say the words "pork roast" and "crockpot." Whatever that meant, together they made the most mouth watering smell all through the house, all day long, and I COULD NOT GET TO IT.

I'm pretty sure that's animal cruelty.

When my mom got home and let me out, instead of going out to pee (and boy oh boy did I have to pee) I went straight to this crockpot thing, and it wouldn't give me even a single taste. Not one morsel.

Mommy rushed me outside, where I peed a little, and then insisted on going back to the kitchen to sit by the counter to stare at this miraculous invention. My brother, Hudson, must be used to it, because he went right past me and went straight outside. So, I let Mom drag me back out again, where I finally humoured her and finished peeing. (It should be noted that, barring any disasters, today will be my second official day without an accident in the house. Yay for me.)

I got kibble for dinner. The uprights got the yummy smelling food. How is this fair? Well, then again, once all the food was put away Daddy did slip each of "his boys" (I'm someone's boy!!!!) a little taste. It was waaaayyyy better than kibble.

Hopefully I'll soon figure out a way to use the crockpot myself. Then I'll show them all. I'll share a little with my brother (he's okay deep down inside) but not one taste for them.

Take care,

Iron Chef Rudy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rudy! It shouldn't surprise me that you are computer literate considering who your mommy and daddy are. I am impressed.
    I hope that you are acclimating to the Winnipeg winter -- it will get better I promise -- and I can't wait to meet you.

    Mommy and Daddy's Yankee (but still Canadian at heart) pal, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete